Here are your lodging options:
1) The Hotel at The University of Maryland, 7777 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740. This is the closest option and a 35 minute walk to the venue. We have reserved a small block of rooms at the government per diem rate of $250 per night. October is the highest priced season in the Washington D.C. area. To reserve a room under this block go to:
Costs: It should be for $250 per night and say AEROCOM/AEROSAT or UMBC JCET.
The hotel is near the Univ. of Maryland campus but NOT very close
to the venue - expect a long walk ... seelocal map
2) Greenbelt Marriott, 6400 Ivy Lane, Greenbelt MD. This is about 4 miles away. There is no room block reservation, but you are free to make your own reservations at any time.
3) Greenbelt Holiday Inn, 7200 Hanover Dr, Greenbelt, MD 20770. This is about 4.6 miles away. There is no room block reservation but you are free to make your own reservations at any time.
4) College Park Marriott Hotel and conference center. This is on campus, but a 2.5 mile walk or a 4.5 mile drive from the venue. There is no room block reservation, but you are free to make your own reservations at any time.
5) Best Western Plus College Park Hotel,
6) There are other hotels in the area, but none of them is really within walking distance.
You can see the map at by searching google for "hotels near university of maryland".
7) Any hotel in the Washington DC area is also an option
especially if close to a METRO station
(best to reserve via 'hotel-booking' web-sites)
you just will have to commute every day as
there is a METRO station in College Park (Green Line).
The walk is 10-15 minutes from the station to the venue.
8) Any hotel to your liking if you have a car
and commute each day to the venue
(there is plenty of parking at the venue)
information on planned common events (dinner, common
activity) is not available yet