This page contains various documents (note, comments) contributed by the participants for discussions.
The COST Action participants are strongly encouraged to contribute their comments [Interactive features are under planning].
Due to intermediate nature of all the documents placed in this page, all the materials in this page are considered only as working drafts as the best.
No statement in any document should not be associated with an official position of the COST Action for this very reason. Please note that for this reason, only the minimum quality control is applied in all these documents.
I. Basic parameterization concepts and Issues
- Moist-entropic vertical adiabatic lapse rates: the standard cases and some lead towards inhomogeneous conditions
- Notes on history of plume studies
- Moist thermodynamics and moist turbulence for modelling at the non-hydrostatic scales
- An alternative method for handling the interactions between turbulence and phase changes
- Entropy Issues
II. Traditional approaches
- Ensemble plume dynamics and Arakawa and Schubert's convective parameterization, notes
- Estimating subgrib massflux, velocity, draft fraction, etc, at a given resolution, from high resolution data COST ES0905 Research Project
III. New Challenges (microphysics, gray zone, observations)
- Mass–Flux Convection Parameterization In High–Resolution Limit
- Convection microphysics in ECHAM6
- Personal perspectives for convection parameterization in high-resolution limits
- Fundamental Problems in Implementing Microphysics into a Massâflux Convection Parameterization
- Some remarks about the cloud and precipitation vertical geometry aspects of microphysics at Météo-France